TRIP, the EC funded portal dedicated to Transport Research and Innovation, has just released a new Compendium, presenting a snapshot of European and national programmes, initiatives and funding sources in the field of transport research.
Besides information on policies and initiatives run by the European Commission, the Compendium focuses on individual profiles of 36 countries. In addition to the countries from the European Research Area (ERA), the publication informs about Canada, China, India, Russia, South Africa and the United States, as these countries have been participating in FP7 programmes.
The Compendium is an essential and practical tool for policy makers, research managers and professionals wishing to grasp the latest information on transport research and innovation at country level. The publication includes details on major stakeholders, institutions, programmes and policies at each national level.
About the Transport Research and Innovation Portal
The Transport Research and Innovation Portal (TRIP) gives an overview of research activities at European and national level. Country profiles provide a summary on the organisation of transport research in the European Research Area countries. The Programme and Project sections contain detailed information on national, European and international programmes and projects respectively. Our series of Policy Brochures and Thematic Research Summaries provide a broader overview of the research conducted at European level and its input countries. into the policy making process.
- Project Database of more than 7 300 transport research related projects
- Country Profiles, presenting national institutions and organisations responsible for funding, promoting and supporting transport research
- Programmes for research and innovation in transport
- Policy Brochures presenting results of transport research according to policy topics and Transport Research Summaries on 24 transport themes
- Videos for each Policy Brochure
- News of the latest in transport research, policies and innovation, including monthly e-Newsletters
- Events Calendar of high-level international transport conferences
What is the European Research Area?
The European Research Area is composed of all research and development activities, programmes and policies in Europe, which involve a transnational perspective. Together, they enable researchers, research institutions and businesses to increasingly circulate, compete and co-operate across borders. The aim is to give them access to a Europe-wide open space for knowledge and technologies in which transnational synergies and complementarities are fully exploited.
ERA consists of activities, programmes and policies, which are designed and operated at all levels: regional, national and European.