BIOSURF is an EU-funded project under the Horizon 2020 programme for research, technological development and demonstration. BIOSURF corresponds to the Call “Competitive Low-Carbon Energy (LCE) 14: Market uptake of existing and emerging sustainable Bioenergy” under the “Work Program 2014-2015 on Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy.” This Coordination and Support Action has a duration of three years, from January 2015 till December 2017.
*This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme
The BIOSURF consortium consists of 11 partners from 7 countries and strives to increase the production and use of biomethane (from animal waste, other waste materials and sustainable biomass), for grid injection and as transport fuel, by removing non-technical barriers and by paving the way towards a European biomethane market. BIOSURF intends:
- To develop a value chain analysis from production to use depending on the territorial, physical and economic features (specified for different areas, i.e., biofuel for transport, electricity generation, heating & cooling);
- To analyze, compare and promote biomethane registering, labelling, certification and trade practices in Europe, in order to favor cooperation among the different countries and across border markets on the basis of the partner countries involved;
- To address traceability, environmental criteria and quality standards, so aiming to reduce GHG emissions and indirect land-use change (iLUC), to preserver biodiversity and to assess the energy and CO2 balance;
- To identify the most prominent drivers for CO2-emissions along the value chain as an input for future optimization approaches; and
- To exchange information and best practices all along Europe concerning biomethane policy, regulations, support schemes and technical standards.
- Project coordination
- Networking Leader;
- Dissemination & Communication;
- Evaluation Leader;
- Policy Analysis.
- Istituto di Studi per L’Integrazione dei Sistemi Scrl (ISIS)
- European Biogas Association (EBA)
- Arge Kompost Und Biogas Osterreich Verein (AKB)
- AGCS – Gas Clearing and Settlement Ag (AGCS)
- Cib-Consorzio Italiano Biogas E Gassificazione (CIB)
- Fachagentur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe E.V. (FNR)
- Magyar Biogaz Egyesulet (HBA)
- DBFZ Deutsches Biomasseforschungszentrum Gemeinnuetzige GmbH (DBFZ)
- Groupement Regional des Centres d’Études Techniques Agricoles de l’Ile de France GRCETA (GRCETA)
- Renewable Energy Association Lbg (REA)
- Fachverband Biogas Ev (GBA)