The objectives of the project
ETISplus sets out to build upon the strengths of the ETIS project (2005) and to address the lessons learnt.
The ETIS-PLUS has the following main objectives:
- To develop a framework for the collection and dissemination of data and network information related to transport including:
the use of new data collection methods
the use of efficient, cost-effective methods in cases where gaps in data collection currently exist
the use of a dedicated IPR free dissemination and retrieval tool
- To provide a central repository to be used by transport support policy tools at EU level.
- To implement and validate a database , updating and extending the ETIS database both geographically and by adding additional variables, adding new reference years 2005 and 2008 and including the newest member states and neighbouring countries in more detail.
- To establish a communication between all stakeholders.
- To prepare guidelines and structures for future updates and management
The ISIS role
ISIS has focused on the contribution that new information technologies can provide in the short- and medium to long-term future and therefore has aimed at:
- Review of ITS and assess how it can collect the data needed to feed the European passenger and freight transport models, as well as to contribute to databases for transport quality, safety, environmental and socio-economic indicators. ITS use is assessed against the data problems and needs highlighted in WP1, in order to find out what kind of data originating from ITS is useful to solve which data problems
- Assessment of the barriers to the exploitation of the ITS data and provide strategies to overcome them, e.g. by means of new data services.
- Appraisal of possible solutions and strategies to fully exploit ITS data for European transport modelling purposes
- Define of pilot experiments of ITS-based data collection methods to be implemented in WP4.
Furthermore, ISIS has ensured the stakeholder involvement through the following tasks
To outline the plan for the next and last phase of the project
- To held Workshops involving different type of stakeholders (Public and private transport data managers, National transport policy advisors, Infrastructure managers), whose aim is assisting the research team from the outset to the end of the project:
- To carry out an on-line consultation Survey. The on-line consultations has been designed to help focusing detailed data issues and defining priorities for improvement and innovative data collection methods.
7 Framework Programme
- TRT Italy
- MKmetric Germany
Project Web Site
Related ETISPLUS Projects: